First-of-its kind technology makes driving experience easier, more seamless
HERSHEY, PA, September 11, 2019—Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. (FCCC) is unveiling DriveTech, the most advanced display and controls system in the RV industry, to consumers at the 51st Annual America’s Largest RV Show.
For the first time, consumers will get to experience the new system that is revolutionizing the luxury RV experience. Located at Block 506 at the show, DriveTech is the industry’s first driving control system to prioritize safety in a connected world by putting every command in one easy-to reach location. Now a standard feature on all 2020 model-year Class A coaches from FCCC,
DriveTech’s all-new ergonomic steering wheel and column-mounted controls are paired with OptiView’s all-digital gauge display to create a more automotive-like feel – setting the industry standard for luxury RV driving.
“For the past five years, FCCC has been dedicated to finding innovative ways to make the luxury RV experience more approachable and enjoyable for our customers,” said Jeremy Buckmeier, RV Product Manager of FCCC. “With DriveTech, we’ve furthered that mission by introducing streamlined, simplified controls so drivers can focus more on maneuvering and piloting their RV, making them more comfortable behind the wheel than ever before. We can’t wait for consumers to touch and feel it for the first time while in Hershey.”
A recent study found 80 percent of collisions and 65 percent of near collisions involved some form of driver distraction, often from using electronic devices while driving. DriveTech simplifies controls to help drivers focus their full attention on maneuvering and piloting the coach*.
DriveTech features and highlights:
● OptiView all-digital instrument cluster features a bright, anti-glare display and easy-to-read interface
● Bluetooth connectivity provides hands-free operation through easy-to-reach controls
● Tire Pressure Monitoring System (optional) shows pressure of each tire and triggers alerts for low pressure, high pressure or leaks—even for tires on a trailer or tow vehicle
● OptiView instrument cluster accesses extensive and customizable coach data, including fuel economy, performance settings, vehicle and internal diagnostics, transmission
prognostics and system information.
● RoadWatch (optional)—FCCC’s state-of-the art assisted driving and safety system that includes adaptive cruise control and collision mitigation.
● Push-to-Start button (optional) and advanced key fob includes two buttons for OEM programmable actions
● Right-hand paddles allow for easy-to-reach column controls versus traditional shifter pads
For more information
Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. (FCCC) is a leading manufacturer of premium chassis for the luxury RV market. FCCC supports its industry-leading chassis with a comprehensive suite of services, including 24/7 Factory Direct support, a nationwide service network with more than 450 dealers in the U.S. and Canada, and an official customer-support mobile app. For more information, visit fcccrv.com or call 1-800-FTL-HELP.
*Based on NHTSA data (National Highway Transportation Safety Administration)